The Eleventh Hour
I would like to say thank you for all of your your kind words, thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks.Its been a bumpy road paved with all sorts of anxiety, but I'm happy to say it is close to being over.The being of last week was hard.Jon and I were starting to feel the pressure as we saw the days go by with no answers. Wondering, and dare I say, questioning Gods plans and wondering why He hadn't shown us his answers.Tuesday, I must say, was the breaking point. There were bitter words and tears...long prayers on bended knee. In the evening I went on a walk, by myself, and layed it all out before the Lord, again. But this time, broken, discouraged and desperate.As it would turn out, a few hundred miles away God was already at work.At about 9:30 that night our phone rang with an urgent call from our dear Portland friends saying there was a house and a landlord that I needed to call ASAP. The landlord also happened to be their pastor.We called late that night.Both Jon and I and the landlord felt the timing was the Lords doing and he said the house was ours unless we didn't want it.This house met all of our "Would love to have" list dreams.Things like a fenced yard for JJ and Bentley.Dishwasher (haven't had in forever!)Garage.Plus a little extra likehardwood floorsa loft area for and ART/MUSIC STUDIO!extra plus:its is literally a stones throw from our friends apartment.What else, its not a penny more than we pay now.The other houses were hundreds more and we were trying to figure a way to do it.It is a cute and quaint 1940's house with some upgrades but all of the original charm.A good mix of Jon and my preferences, believe it or not.Gods timing was perfect, and His plan has undoubtedly be in place this whole time.Of course, we get impatient.I don't think we ever learn, as we seem to go through the same trial over and over.
God is good.What more can I say.I feel a fool for doubting Him.
We went down Sunday to sign some papers.The U-haul gets filled tomorrow night and we shove off sometime Thursday morning!
Can't wait to introduce ya'll to our new home!
1 comment:
ohmyword.
that is so good to hear...
He is so good! wow.
and the would-love-to-have list? gah. i almost drooled. and hardwood floors.....wowza:)
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!