Its been a week with no good coffee.
but now, the drought has ended and my morning happiness in a cup has returned to me.
I'd like to be that person that is up at 5 a.m., freshly showered, curled up with a cup of coffee and a good book in her favorite comfy chair...watching the sunrise in peace.
But people, lets be realistic.
I don't wake up at five.
In fact I get as much sleep as I can.
Half because I am a parent and have a new found appreciation for sleep...
and half because I just happened to stay up till two last night, and 3 hours of sleep just wouldn't cut it.
So instead of that peaceful daydream, my reality is this:
I woke up at 8:30...not freshly showered because, lets be real here, no time.
(I shall shower once someones nap time comes. This serves two purposes: 1. I get to use both my hands to wash my hair instead of using one trying to keep the shower curtain closed. 2. I don't have to have the 2 millionth conversation as to why mommies peepee fell off. Funny....but still)
First comes JJ's diaper change, then breakfast, then dishes that didn't get done last night. On to play time with "Toto", I do not have a choice on that one. Then on to JJ's morning, post breakfast kitchen raid. Diaper washing time. cleaning. cleaning. Reading books.
Anyway, my point is that peacefulness takes time. Time that I do not have.
And that's okay...peaceful can get boring.....
I would assume.
but coffee....
coffee makes me think I'm taking a break, even if I'm really not.
And truth be told, I have my own kind of peacefulness amongst our chaos...
and I kinda love that.
Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!