1/26/11

Sick of sick



This is my family.
Usually adventurous, happy, fun, lively...and in our own way, perfect.
Not this week though.
After dealing with the super high fever plaguing my little man over the last two days we have now moved into vomit.
(Excuse the graphic pictures this may paint in your mind, but as I am assuming that most of you are mothers or soon to be yourselves, I doubt it will bother you much)
There are few things that wrench your heart more that seeing your baby sick and miserable and not being able to do anything about it.
This has been J-birds first experience with the actual act of throwing up since he was rather little.  He is not amused.  The first time it happened today, it was in his crib.  As it was slightly scary, he refused to take a nap all day because, from what I gather, he though he would throw up if he went back in there.  But his theory was crushed when events took place outside of the crib.  Poor guy.  I'm afraid that he's not enjoying learning more about his bodily functions:(
On another, less horrific note...
J-bird has discovered that he can actually MAKE his eyes blink.
funny. stuff.
It really is a "must see " sort of thing.  Nothing makes you laugh like a furrowed brow and and exaggeratedly slow blink.  He gets me every time, this kid!
J is now 15 and almost 1/2 months...I can't believe it.
You know, this time last year I was just gaining the ability to get up off the couch and possibly shower and do my hair without someone else home with me.  I don't know....its kind of a blur.
Ahh, the good old days when my baby liked to cuddle and actually let me hold him for more that 15 seconds.
Where did my baby go.
BUT...(there's always a but, or butt, isn't there?)
Having a toddler is so much fun. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I learn just as many new things as he does each day.
He teaches me so much, about him, about me, about life.
You really do see everything differently when your a parent.  Everything.
He is working on making me a better person, even if he doesn't know he is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!