I haven't spilled my heart...mostly because my heart has been a jumbled mess of thoughts, dreams, chores and, well, life stuff.
Perhaps your tired of hearing about moving.
Perhaps no one really wants to read about whats going on in my jumbled up head.
But, then again, this is my blog, and you must have known my opinions would be shared here.
Moving is really a bittersweet thing.
We are so excited, and a little scared.
Breathlessly enthusiastic about a new start, but sad to leave our established one.
Ecstatic to live closer to such good friends, but feeling broken in leaving the ones we have here.
This is life, this is reality.
Joy rarely comes without some sort of struggle or heartache.
We are leaving the area we have lived in most of our married life and leaving the town our son was born in. Leaving the home(s) we have raised our son in thus far. Saying goodbye to familiar places and familiar faces.
Church hunting is in our future.
We will meet new people and make new friends.
We will find new favorite places and make new memories.
And, along the way, we will not forget the old ones.
I am thankful to those who have helped and loved us here.
I cherish your smiling faces and loving arms.
I wish the distance would not strain our relationship, but I know it will.
Distance is a cold handed thief.
We anticipate the wonders on our horizon.
New memories, new homes.
Without a shadow of a doubt, I know the Lord is guiding us, for whatever reason.
Some questions are still left unanswered, and we must accept that that's okay.
It might be tough, it may be tight.
We may have some rough seasons, but we have had them before.
I have the peace of mind in knowing that the Lord has always taken care of us.
Always.
That doesn't mean its always easy, it just means we are not to fear the uncertain.
I believe, as always, the Lord has a plan for our living in Oregon, and I pray that we continually and actively seek his will.
This period of time that we are currently living out is excruciating.
We are so ambitious and excited but unable to move forward very quickly.
Its hard and slightly annoying to try and set things up from a ways away, but possible.
The small and tedious things seem to be piling up, but no one really want to tackle them.
I would love to get the packing underway, but living out of boxes for three weeks would be terribly annoying.
I would love to have all the wrinkles ironed out already, but the probable truth is that they wont be until the very last minute.
These are the things that both excite and drain my brain.
All in all,
We are sorry to leave,
but excited to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!