I know its Sunday now and that Casey's link up was Friday...
but I didn't do it on Friday, and I think this fits perfectly.
As you know, things are a little tight this month.
due to some somewhat hilarious and foreseen events!
I have talked before about how amazingly evident it is that the Lord is working in our lives, in even the small things. What happened yesterday was just a little reminder that God cares about even the smallest of things because He loves us. We are His littles after all.
Jon and I wanted to treat JJ to some num num's (a milkshake) so we scrapped together our pennies and headed down the street. There is a little local burger joint just a few blocks from our house, their burgers are horrible...but there ice is oh-so-good!
Half way there we notice something tumbling around in the middle of the street.
Its a ten dollar bill.
*tear*
I'm pretty sure Jon and I both held back tears the rest of the way. I know that most people wouldn't thing anything of it, but we knew it was clearly God reminding us He is in control and that He has our backs. And, I know that ice cream wasn't a priority, but thats the point. Thank you Lord for your little blessings, even the ones that are "just because".
for the record...the milkshake was gone before JJ even got home:P

3 comments:
WE
love it!
i could go for a milkshake, but something tells me it might not do very good for this recovering froggy-voice throat thing. :P
love that story!
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!