Lets be realistic, how many times have you heard the the hoards upon hoards of mommy bloggers go on and on about how quickly their little human is growing up? Lots? Yes.
But you want to know why every mama under the planet will say the same exact thing when asked, its because its true.
I don't think is a feeling you can really experience anywhere else in life. It simply goes by so fast.
And even though my JJ will always be my baby, those days are gone. And they were gone quickly. Its hard to remember all the precious little moments from the early days of his life due to the overwhelming sleep deprived stooper. But I remember the feel of a tiny baby in the crook of my arm, the smell of his little bald head after his baths. I remember the overwhelming feeling of joy when there was reassurance of satisfaction on his part, when the crying stopped and he began to coo. Thinking, in those moments, that maybe I kinda know what I'm doing after all.
I'll always remember waking up ever hour and a half to a starving baby and cuddling with that tiny little baby, finding peace in the quiet moments.
But now...
Well now I have a boy, in ever sense of the word. And now I have new memories to hold on to. Reading books at 2 a.m. because his teething kept him up. Wrapping him in his fuzzy blanket at he asks "Baby, mama hold you?". I'll remember the new words and new experiences. How his ears perk up when he hears a train whistle in the distance or how he pulls all the pots out of the cupboard so that he can "cook" with mama. I'll remember how he would stand at the front window in the afternoon just waiting...because he knew daddy would be home soon or splashing in "pupples" in our backyard. I will hold on to those times when I get an unexpected kiss or hug and cherish those times when he just wants to, you know, hang out.
I'll do my best to remember these days and not get cause up in life that I miss them, because these days will pass just as quickly as those other days, and I don't want to miss a moment.
I LOVE YOU BABY BOY!

2 comments:
this is great perspective. my 2 year old still says, "mommy hold you?"
I'm right there with you girl. I just want to snuggle up and savor every moment!
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!