4/4/11

{ the train whisperer }

Everyone goes through phases, right?

When I was a kid, I couldn't wear socks without them driving me absolutely crazy!
The seam could touch my toe at all (I mean...AT ALL) or I would obsess over it.
There were many a tear, two usually bare feet and two highly frustrated parents.

Or a favorite skirt I'd wear for days in a row without taking it off (ew)

You know, phases.

Well, for JJ it is trains, and has been for a few months now.
Not just any trains though, its Thomas and his friends.
(he has a lot of friends)
They go everywhere with us.
EVERYWHERE.
They nap with us.
God to bed with us.
Eat with us.
Travel with us.
Walk with us.
Watch "Thomas and Friends" with us.
(all. the. time.)
They have been stepped on.
Rolled over on.
Bathed with.
Eaten off of.
and flushed ( close call!)



JJ truly does have passion,
but that's a pretty good quality!

Even though there are days when I wish we could do anything but play with/watch/talk about Thomas,
its pretty cute to see him love something so much.

But I know its just a phase, and
I wonder what's next...

2 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

Food will be next :) Great post, made me laugh...my daughter did the same thing with her bunny and a little Prince Eric doll from the Little Mermaid.

The Freckled Fawn said...

well, who can blame her with Prince Eric, I mean really:P

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!