1/13/11


Dear J,
   Your sleeping now.  I can see the gentle rise and fall of your chest and can hear your short, sweat breaths.  I am amazed how perfect you are, perfect in every way.  Your little (mostly) bald head, the little crook in your right ear, and your little birthmark in the middle of your forehead, they are my everyday reminder of your perfection.  I love your round little tummy and your perfect little toes.  I love the way your nose crinkles when you smile.
   I love when you want to cuddle, even though it doesn’t happen often.  I love when you say “Baby” when you want a hug.  I love when you bring “boo” for us to read and how you ask us to turn the light on in the hall cause its just a little to dark for your comfort.  I cherish those times when I get a smile, just because, and when you lean on my leg cause you just want to be held.  I love that your such a big helper, such a big thinker, such a big talker and such a big ham.
     J, your sense of humor is hilarious.  Its amazing to see your personality shining more and more every day!  You make your Daddy and me laugh so hard, and you like that, i can tell.  You are strong-willed, and even though I may complain about that from time to time, I’m very glad you are, it says to me that you will be your own person.
I love to watch you grow and learn, but I hate to see you grow up.  Its hard to know that you will only be little for a short time, I want to keep you this small forever.  But, I am so proud to watch you grow!  You amaze me! Every day you are doing something new, discovering something and teaching me something.  I see the world through different eyes with you. You inspire me baby.
   I pray, my son, that you are unwavering, that you are wise and that you are strong.  I pray that you come to know the Lord as your savior and that you grow and build a personal relationship with Him.  I pray that you walk with the Lord closer than your daddy or mommy ever have…and exceed us in every way. The Lord could use you greatly, and I hope you allow Him to do so.
   We know we can’t prepare you for everything or shelter you from everything. Daddy and I will mess up from time to time, but please baby, know that we are trying our hardest to be the best we can be for you.  We would get you the moon.  Remember we love you, no matter what! And it is my promise, as your Mama, to remind you of that every day…through my words and actions.
But baby…
There’s no hurry to grow.
Stay little as long as you want, so that I can savor sweet moments like this, when I watch you sleeping peacefully in your crib. And to quote a very good book:
“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll love your for always,
As long as I’m living
My baby you’ll be.”
Love forever,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!