My blog is much to young and fragile a thing to be neglected this way.
It needs to be fed. I am a bad blogger.
Yesterday was just one of those days.
Well, no, actually it was going swimmingly well until...
a certain little mister was supposed to go down for a nap.
It is a truth universally aknowledged that a grumpy young man must be in need of a nap!
(Anyone? anyone? anyone.............?)
However, nap times never seem to go well around here because:
1. My son is an insomniac like his mama.
2. There are, obviously, much better things to do.
3. My son is an insomniac like his mama.
4. I'm hungry
5. More cup mama!
and
6. my son is an insomniac like his mama.
I am not a believer (mostly) in anything Babywise or any hint in the direction of "CIO" or "Cry it out" method.
So, I do not put my child in a room to scream by himself, give up on me, then fall asleep.
I do, however, on occasion,
put my son in a room, by himself to chill, after I've done everything known to man to try to help him fall asleep and all he wants to do is scream.
Then I go into the kitchen, pick up the refrigerator, and throw it out the window.
Because, ladies and gentlemen, throwing refrigerators out windows helps relieve stress.
Do not throw it at another person, animal, or the neighbors mailbox, as this will only compound said stress and creat new ones.
*uheemmm*
Like I said, yesterday was one of those days. Little bird finally stopped screaming and decided to read a book. I was okay with this. He read for a while and I could hear him mumbling to himself in his crib, pretending to read.
Then...
The sky falls again....
commence the wailing!
It was obviously a cry of distress. I went in to investigate, figuring he was probably just telling me he wanted a bottle.
**WARNING**
DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT A MOM.
DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.
DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NURSING OR BREASTFEEDING,
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN.
SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE:
GAGGING, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, DIZZINESS, VOMITING,
OR VOLUNTARY abstinence!
Yes...
it is what you think.
No, its not the first time...
nor shall it be the last, I'm sure.
But one can only expect things to get worse after a morning like that.
They did.
but I shall not bore you with the details.
Long story short, I opted to spend my "Mama time" in a scalding hot bath, slowly boiling myself alive, instead of blogging.
I'm sure you understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!