12/21/10

life is a verb...and sometimes a four letter word.

So, I have been MIA, I know, but its been on purpose and I will not apologize for it.


As I've said before, I am one of those people who like to swamp myself with to-do lists around the holidays and then wonder why I'm feeling so stressed out all the time.  Its true, I do that.


So, this year, as it was taking both a physical and emotional toll on me, I decided to exclude a bunch of things from my life so it wouldn't be as hectic this last week.


And yes, so I could get some stuff done.


whoooose.


well.


a lot of those things still aren't finished (not for lack of trying), but I feel much better about not finishing them, if thats what happens.


SO...I can't really believe that its going to be Christmas soon....like....REALLY soon. wow.


It doesn't really feel like Christmas.


I take that back..


It doesn't feel like Christmas used to.  I guess all those years of the same Christmas traditions and such.  Going to the same house, eating the same food, doing the same things year after year ingrain in you more that you think.  Now I'm married and have a son and, I'll be honest, I'm still not used to the "New Christmas".


Its not bad.


Its good.


Just different.


I've only been doing this for four years....I'll get used to it someday:P


-------------------------------------------------------------


BREAK:  child screaming because of absolute abhorrence of nap time.


-------------------------------------------------------------


Someday he'll nap I suppose.


So anyway.


post in a nutshell:


I'm feeling better, thanks for asking!


Christmas is in 4 days so GET ON THE BALL ALREADY!


and mommy now needs a nap from trying to put the kiddo down for his nap.


the end.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!