I don't dislike discount or second-hand stores, in fact my pocket-book likes them a lot!
(who in this century says "pocket-book" really?)
But they leave me feeling dirty.
You know that "Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH! I NEED TO WASH MYSELF" feeling that leaves you walking around like a doctor donning spanking new, germ free gloves. yep. I'm that person! But in an effort to save a little green, I am willing to succumb to such a distasteful lack of hygiene feeling.
Anyway, that's not what I want to talk about.
There are some things about said stores that make me smile though. One person particular comes to mind.
At our local Value Village there is a man I often run into.
(not literally, running into people is rude beans!)
He is a sweet little old guy who always wears Mr. Rogers sweaters and a Mariners cap. I have also seen him strutting his brown and yellow plaid pants....a look only cute old guys and small boys under two can pull off, but strangely cute on him. I am guessing, by the presence of what appears to be a care taker, that he may have encountered some dementia in his old age.
Anyway, on the two occasions I have seen him, he has looked me square in the eyes and said
"Hi carl!"
Then he lowers his head and walks away to continue his shopping.
I know I'm not carl, but you seen pretty certain I am. Who am I to disprove you?
So thank you cute little old man with the plaid pants!
You make my heart warm.
It is good to know that there is still kindness in strangers,
even when they think your someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!