5/24/11

I AM HIS BELOVED: CASEY

 CASEY

Photobucket

This is an area I struggle in. I guess maybe a lot of girls do.

"Little boys want to know, Do I have what it takes? Little Girls want to know, Am I lovely?"

What is it about us girls? I will be the first to admit I have countless insecurities. Somewhere along the way I convinced myself that if you were beautiful then you were special & loved. It's everywhere...we get it from media, movies, magazines, dolls.... the list goes on. And it is getting worse by the minute. How do we protect our littles, ourselves?
How do we value their beauty but also their own identities in Christ?

I wish I could go back and talk to a younger Casey. Desperately, I wish I could sit her down...tell her she is beautiful and that God designed her just the way He wanted. I wish I could tell her that what people think doesn't matter...and that the more beautiful your heart is, the more beautiful you will become.

I wish I had spent more time working on making "my insides" pretty.

A book that was really great for me to read in college when I was still "figuring this all out"... was Do You Think I am beautiful? by Angela Thomas. 
It is such a lovely book.

"You were made to be seen and known and loved deeply. And it's okay to want what you were made for."

I still struggle though, I have in no way "arrived". I guess I am more aware now that I have a little girl, because when I am hard on myself....she will be watching.

I know now that a beautiful heart is the most beautiful thing in the world.

Photobucket

"the king is enthralled by your beauty." psalm 45:11

1 comment:

beka said...

oh my, i LOVE this.
i love how each of these posts is bringing out different truths, and some really central ones, too.
soo wonderful to read this from different beautiful women!! <3

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!