So, have I mentioned how absolutely adorable my son is today? No….well then…
Today I witness two of the most adorable things that J-bird did. He is, by nature, a very helpful little human. Though, admittedly, sometimes his helpfulness gets a bit out of hand. Its the heart that counts, right?
J-bird is often “helping” Bentley with his food and water bowls. Bentley appreciates this, I assure you. *cough* He has learned to adapt and eat his food any place he may find it. Good boy. Well, the water spilled, as it usually does, and instead of the “Uh-oh” that I usually get J-bird swiftly stood up, walked over to the stove an got the kitchen towel. He walked back to the puddle on the floor, bentley in tow, and wiped it up, then, as good little maid do, put the towel in the dirty laundry.
Seriously. cuteness!
The second time that I was amazed by my little wonder today was when I was folding laundry on our bed. He often helps me with laundry, specifically with the unfolding part. Since he couldn’t reach most of the laundry on the bed he started taking daddy’s undershirts out of daddy’s dresser (which is not in the closet) and neatly stacking them in the closet. He made sure to show me after each one he “folded”.
So there’s your double whammy of cuteness for today.
On another note, J-bird had his first dentist appointment over our vacation. (I know, we are super on top of things as parents) And may I say, in an overly bias mommy pride way, he was amazing! No really. Not. Even. One. Tear.
I think he does better than I do at the dentist.
(Promise I will post pictures soon, but as I still don’t have my “good” computer, those things take a little longer. But as for now you will have to live with my visually unstimulating blog)
Auntie and Uncle are Dentist, lucky for us, I know. Uncle Neal is a pediatric dentist, and a wonderful one at that. J-bird got to visit uncle’s super cool office get his first check up and varnish. He was worried, there was hand ringing but no tears. I am such a proud mama:P His teeth are lovely, but I’m afraid he has crowed lowers. That is from his mama. I’m sorry baby…and I am all the more sorry when and if you need braces one day. hmph.
Nauseated with the cuteness overload yet?
Sorry…
My son in now VERY into flossing. He still feels the same about brushing though.
He shows you his teeth when we are done, and mind you, you have NOT lived until you have seen a cheesy grin from this little human.
really.
truly.
okay, now I’m going to go work on pictures so you can see them.
Today I witness two of the most adorable things that J-bird did. He is, by nature, a very helpful little human. Though, admittedly, sometimes his helpfulness gets a bit out of hand. Its the heart that counts, right?
J-bird is often “helping” Bentley with his food and water bowls. Bentley appreciates this, I assure you. *cough* He has learned to adapt and eat his food any place he may find it. Good boy. Well, the water spilled, as it usually does, and instead of the “Uh-oh” that I usually get J-bird swiftly stood up, walked over to the stove an got the kitchen towel. He walked back to the puddle on the floor, bentley in tow, and wiped it up, then, as good little maid do, put the towel in the dirty laundry.
Seriously. cuteness!
The second time that I was amazed by my little wonder today was when I was folding laundry on our bed. He often helps me with laundry, specifically with the unfolding part. Since he couldn’t reach most of the laundry on the bed he started taking daddy’s undershirts out of daddy’s dresser (which is not in the closet) and neatly stacking them in the closet. He made sure to show me after each one he “folded”.
So there’s your double whammy of cuteness for today.
On another note, J-bird had his first dentist appointment over our vacation. (I know, we are super on top of things as parents) And may I say, in an overly bias mommy pride way, he was amazing! No really. Not. Even. One. Tear.
I think he does better than I do at the dentist.
(Promise I will post pictures soon, but as I still don’t have my “good” computer, those things take a little longer. But as for now you will have to live with my visually unstimulating blog)
Auntie and Uncle are Dentist, lucky for us, I know. Uncle Neal is a pediatric dentist, and a wonderful one at that. J-bird got to visit uncle’s super cool office get his first check up and varnish. He was worried, there was hand ringing but no tears. I am such a proud mama:P His teeth are lovely, but I’m afraid he has crowed lowers. That is from his mama. I’m sorry baby…and I am all the more sorry when and if you need braces one day. hmph.
Nauseated with the cuteness overload yet?
Sorry…
My son in now VERY into flossing. He still feels the same about brushing though.
He shows you his teeth when we are done, and mind you, you have NOT lived until you have seen a cheesy grin from this little human.
really.
truly.
okay, now I’m going to go work on pictures so you can see them.
Will someone please just tell me no!?!
How many times must I “forget” that drinking coffee at 7 p.m. ALWAYS keeps me awake until the wee hours of the morning? Really? Its not rocket science, and yet I do it time after time. Why you ask? Well, because there is nothing lovelier that sitting down with my man and a good cup of coffee when he comes home from work. So I guess this is all worth it.But really, I’m blogging at 2:30 a.m.
tomorrow is NOT going to be good…
but nothing even MORE coffee can’t fix.
Anyway.
Jbird is really enjoying being home and getting back into the swing of things (i.e. having the run of the house). And, I’m not going to lie, its nice to let him do his thing. It amazes me what a little independent man he is. I mean, that what we wanted him to be…but I didn’t think it would come so soon.
J helped me reoraganize his post-Christmas room today. He really was thoughtful. In an effort to get everything just so, he would repeatedly empty drawers and baskets and require me to start over. I guess hes a budding perfectionist. :P
I hear him sleeping on the other side of the wall. Its weird to have a little man that mostly sleeps through the night now. (knock on wood) They only time we wake up is if he pees the bed or when he isn’t feeling up to par. If you would have asked me if I saw the light at the end of the tunnel one year ago…I’d say no. I would have said I was doomed to live on the couch until my son was 12. But here we are. My arms are empty and hes a’sleepin ever so peacefully.
Theres proof that you don’t need sleep trainers like *ahem* Babywise (barf) because I did nothing. Let me repeat. NOTHING.
Thats write people.
I am a co-sleeping, baby-wearing, cloth diapering mama and my kid isn’t messed up. He grew up a little and didn’t need my help as much. Thats what babies do…its a natural thing. So…..you wanna know what you can do with your theories?
*ahem*
anyway. I may possible have the cutest, most wonderful little man in all the world.
okay, I know I do.
Thank you Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!