This is my husband.
BEST FRIEND
LOVER
CONFIDANT
he is
TALENTED
GOOFY
INTELLIGENT
SOULFUL
LOVING
GIFTED
A SPIRITUAL LEADER
and
STRONGER THAN HE THINKS HE IS
and sometimes he takes goofy pictures of himself with my camera...
just so I can find them and laugh later
If you were to ask me if I believed there was one person for everyone.
I'd say, most definitely...
YES!
Jon is most definitely my other half, my missing piece, my intended.
Gods gift and a big part of Gods plan for my life....
for
OUR LIVES
Marriage isn't easy...
its a constant struggle and a daily choice.
Anyone who thinks that married was designed to make you happy is a fool,
marriage was designed to make you
HOLY.
Rooted in that design is happiness, its a part of the design but its not a guarantee.
I think that our society cheapens marriage way to much, giving up too easily on it when it doesn't fit our ideals. Marriage has become about the singular person and what he/she can get out of it instead of being about the union it was originally intended to be about.
Learning to be selfless, to live for and with another person.
To truly grow together into one flesh,
glorifying God in the process.
No, marriage is work.
But it is worth the work.
Its a process that never ends, you can never reach the point where you have the "most perfect marriage".
But you can grow stronger every day and fall deeper in love with your spouse until the day you die.
If you make that choice every day.
If you glorify God by loving your spouse.
I vowed to Jon, the day we were married, that I would make that choice every day.
"...for better or worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health..."
I promised him that I would
LOVE
HONOR
and
CHERISH
him.
and I do.
Our marriage isn't perfect, because we are two sinners, two imperfect people.
But God gave us a beautiful thing.
Somethings not to be taken lightly or thrown away when it is inconvenient.
Something to hold onto with both hands.
Something to WORK for!
As long as we keepChrist the center of that,
it will only grow in that beauty.
I thank the Lord for the gift of my husband,
the blessing he is to my (our) life(s)

4 comments:
hmmmm. thought-provoking stuff.
i love when people post more than "omg, i'm so in love with my hubby" but don't go all polar opposite. haha.
good post, dear.
aw this was so sweet. And a great reminder to us single gals waiting on that special man GOD has called us to be with. IT is definitely something that forces you to really look at your sin and submit to the will of GOD in order to compromise for the sake of the relationship. I'm not going to lie. I am excited to think of being married someday. But I often get exhausted and feel blessed by being single because I know many of the things I now do wouldn't necessarily be the things I can do with a husband...
♥cheche
http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com
thanks ladies (and look...I got your comments!)
and yes, it bothers me when people aren't 100% honest and make it look all fluffy all the time. More people need to know that marriage is hard work...and that its SUPPOSE to be that way. that thats a sign of a healthy marriage when both are WORKING at/in it.
Enjoy your single days..they definately have their glory. I encourage you not to waste them pursuing a married life. (I'm not saying you are...just encouraging you to do/continue to do it!)
God is key, without him there is no relationship that can survive in a healthy way.
Loved this post :) Super sweet!!
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!