Pardon my absence.
I took some time for me, for us, just...
to breathe.
After returning home, after "decompressing", after things slowed down...
the emotions welled up.
JJ's hospital visit had a happy ending (and we do praise our savior for that!) but it was traumatic.
This first week back at home was hard for both Jon and I.
Overcoming those leftover emotions.
Letting go of fear.
Trusting God in the care of our son, and not holding on so tightly in our tightly gripped hands.
Trading in paranoia for the comfort of Christ's embrace.
Some might think ours an over reaction, some know exactly what we have gone through this last week. I know it didn't turn out to be a life or death situation, but in the moment, it felt that way.
Life is a fragile, temporary thing.
A think not to be taken lightly...
but something not to be held onto too tightly.
Your child's life is something you hold onto tighter than your own.
Always.
We are doing better now, I think I only check on JJ 4 or 5 times before I can sleep instead of 9 or 10.
We really are thankful for all your prayers and kind words, they have helped a lot!

1 comment:
ahh i can't imagine.
but i love that line: "Trading in paranoia for the comfort of Christ's embrace."
mhmm...all things are in His hands.
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!