5/27/11

I AM HIS BELOVED:MANDY


MANDY





1.What is true beauty to God?

I believe true beauty to God is when our hearts are fully exposed before Him in worship.  When we are in his presence we are changed.  We view ourselves, as well as beauty in a different light.  When we are truly embracing who God has made us as women; allowing His Spirit to work through our femininity to care and nurture others, we are showing our true beauty.

2. How does the worlds definition of beauty and God's definition of beauty differ?

Just turn on the t.v. and you will see how differently the world views beauty than Jesus does.  Women in our society constantly are pressured to be something they were never meant to be.  To live by the world's definition of beauty, we would find ourselves killing off our femininity to some extent.  We were made to embrace who we are, and use our beauty inside and out to glorify God.

3. As you've grown (both physically and spiritually) what have you learned about true beauty, and what advice would you give your younger self about it?

I would tell my younger self that the pursuit of perfect looks leaves you empty and lonely.  I chased after this ideal of my "perfect self" for years, and it never got me anywhere.  I have found so much beauty in myself through becoming a wife and mother and follower of Christ.  I find beauty in myself when I learn to put my daughter and husband before myself.  I would tell my younger self to get lost in the desires that the Lord has written in the deepest corners of my heart... That is where my beauty is best expressed.  

4. Who has been the best example in your life of what a woman of true beauty really is?

I am really blessed to surrounded by many women among my friends and family who are incredible examples of what true beauty is.  I am new mother, so I look up so much to the women around me who are mother's as well.  These women are beautiful to me, inside and out by the way they give themselves selflessly to their families, and love with out reserve.  

5. If there was one thing you could teach your daughter/sister/friend about being beautiful in Gods eyes, what would it be?

This question I have rolled around in my mind constantly since I found out I was having a little girl.  I hope to teach my daughter how when she delights herself in Jesus, she can follow all the dreams of her little heart, and that to me is simply inspired beauty.  

6. What are your goals for "...the hidden person of your heart..." to become even more beautiful and more pleasing in the sight of the Lord?

I feel lately I am in a constant tension and release of my life being less about me, and more about those around me.  I believe this is truly honoring and pleasing to Jesus when we learn how to let go of our selfishness, and love without reserve.  The ironic thing is, the more I let go of myself, the more I am happy with who I am and the more I understand who I am, and who God has made me to be.  Honoring the Lord with your beauty has a ripple effect in all areas of your life and your circle of influence.

 Anything you want to add?

Finding your beauty and identity in Jesus is priceless.  When you embrace your beauty- inside and out- you will inspire countless women and young girls around you.  Do not underestimate the influence of you beauty.  Nothing is ever just about one person.  When you accept and honor who God has made you to be- in effect you will be changing lives all around you for the rest of your life.




2 comments:

♥ CheChe said...

So beautiful. I love this series. Your page is a bit bright for my eyes to read long but I turned off the lights and the brightness didn't disturb my reading. SO GLAD because I love what your blog stands for and what you are doing through this new series of yours! Plus I love Mandy. Her blog is adorable and fun to read!

Be blessed.

♥cheche

http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is awesome

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!