4/22/11

whats on your heart: part 2 a calling


(the purpose of this post is to inform you of MY heart, not to offend you and call you a bad mom!)
This week someone (online) asked me what I do for a living.  I told them I was blessed and was able to stay home with my son, this person responded with "Yeah, I know but what's your JOB, you know, what do really do?"
*ahem* I chose not to let that bother me,  and I also chose to end that conversation quickly, cause it wasn't going to go anywhere nice.  I am a stay-at-home mom.  I'm not ashamed of it, I am proud!  Its something that Jon and I agreed that we wanted to do for our children before we even had any.  We believed that we should take care of those little miracles as best we can, because they truly are a gift. God has blessed us greatly in that I don't have to work. By the Lords grace and His work through my husband, I am able to stay home and care for my son like I feel the Lord would have me do.
   Jon and I still live paycheck to paycheck, and some months (most months) its a struggle to get by, but God is faithful and has always taken care of us.  The Lord gives us what we need to survive, without fail. 
We don't own a nice house, in fact we don't own a house at all. We don't have a lot of nice things and we don't have a lot of extras.  In the worlds eyes, we are a lot less than impressive.  But that is okay with us.
We may not have a lot, but we have what we need, God does provide (well) for our needs.
I could work, my family could have a nice house, a few nice cars, we could go on lovely vacations, we could have a whole lot of fun, but at what cost?  I am not willing to sacrifice the well being of my child to satisfy my want for superficial things.
A lot of moms work both inside and outside of the house, and I am not calling anyone a bad mom because they work!  I don't know your circumstances and would assume that you have made the best choice for your family.  I am strictly speaking of the calling and responsibility of being a mother and how, in our society, it has become a secondary thing.  I am speaking of the willingness to sacrifice for your family and to be at a place that may not be comfortable, but rewarding...all for the sake of your children. 
I do think JJ benefits my time with him.  I do know that I am doing what the Lord would have me do right now, and I thank Him for making that possible.

Today I'm linking up with Casey


4 comments:

CaseyWiegand said...

oh love we share a heart on this issue big time. my FEAR is that I wont be able to stay at home, its an HONOR and PRIVILEGE. Love you chickadee :)

The Freckled Fawn said...

:P Absolutely and honor and privilege!

Morgan Lea @ Gloryfilled said...

Love it! We are still waiting on children, but have already made that decision as well. Love your heart!

beka said...

love this:)
my mom stayed home with us. i can't imagine life any other way. we were blessed:)

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!