Lately, I've been feeling a little like ^ that. A frumpy mama in the in-between weight stage where nothing really fits but nothing I WANT to fit will fit yet. Add on top of that the face that my cheeks are STILL swollen, and I slightly resemble a chipmunk still. (look at my cheeks...I kid you not.)
AND SO....
In an effort to make myself feel a little more lady-like.
I got me a lil somethin somethin yesterday.
Surya Henna is something I have been checking out for a while. I am so glad that I have the convenience of having some local stores that actually carry natural products such as these!
After my mom had a bad reaction to the regular box brand hair dye last year and I have seen articles such as the ones I found here, here, and here. Not going to lie...it freaked me out a little. I never thought it was the greatest idea to poor chemicals on your head, but...did it anyway for my love of change!
Back to henna,
I wanted to do something drastic, something bold and not so blah.
I like that sort of thing.
honest.
I admit I have been lusting after Elsie's hair (when its red) over at A Beautiful Mess.
(you should stop by her store and look at her beautiful things!)
My end result wasn't quite as bold as I would have thought so I would probably leave it on a bit longer next time.
And yes, there will definitely be a next time.
I Heart Henna!
My hair is so soft and smooth and DOESN'T smell like yucky chemicals!
(Disclaimer: Yes! I know this product is not 100% real henna cause it is a cream...but it IS 100% real, natural ingredients a.k.a. extracts and such....so no hate from the henna lovers...okay!
Disclaimer 2: NO! this is not a review and no one payed me to do it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear what you have to say!