2/4/11

{ Mr. landlord and the beast }

7:30 a.m.

***KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK***
***KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK...KNOCK KNOCK***

Me: "Oh goodness, there he is."
as I stumble across my living room to the front door.
I had been awake for all of 15 minutes, and had spent most of that time changing a very squirmy/grumpy little mans diaper.
Mornings are not my nemesis, but they are not my friend.
JJ continues to grumble.

JJ: " Uh oh, papa?"
Me: "No, hun, its not papa"

Finally get to the door, and as suspected, it is the only person I know who always knocks on my door way too early in the a.m., my landlord.  He is knocking on my door because he wants his rent check.
 I'm not late.
 Its just the way it works.  He would rather we didn't mail it...so he stops by on random days and random hours in the beginning of the month to pick it up.
Hes a sweetie who smokes like a chimney....and is apparently at the age where time is no longer relevant.
He is up at 4 a.m....so he figures everyone else is.

So there I am.
morning breath, uncombed hair and lucky i had pants on.
Me : "Mornin Larry"

My landlord is always amazed I know its him.
I never tell him why.




Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say!